Tolkien Studies 11 (2014)
- John Garth, "'The road from adaptation to invention': How Tolkien came to the brink of Middle-earth in 1914"
- Sister Maria Frassati Jakupcak, OP: "'A Particular Cast of Fancy': Addison’s Walk with Tolkien and Lewis"
- Nelson Goering: "Lŷg and Leuca: 'Elven-Latin,' Archaic Languages, and the Philology of Britain"
- Bernhard Hirsch: "After the 'end of all things': the long return home to the Shire"
- Richard Z. Gallant: "Original Sin in Heorot and Valinor"
- Michael A. Wodzak and Victoria Holtz Wodzak: "Visibílium Ómnium et Invisibílium: Looking Out, On, and In Tolkien’s World"
- Verlyn Flieger: "But What Did He Really Mean?"
- Michael D.C. Drout, Namiko Hitotsubashi and Rachel Scavera: "Tolkien's Creation of the Impression of Depth"
- The Fall of Arthur, by J.R.R. Tolkien, edited by Christopher Tolkien, reviewed by Verlyn Flieger
- Qenya Noun Structure, by J.R.R. Tolkien, edited by Christopher Gilson, Patrick H. Wynne, and Arden R. Smith; Qenyaqetsa: The Qenya Phonology and Lexicon, together with The Poetic and Mythologic Words of Eldarissa, by J.R.R. Tolkien, edited by Christopher Gilson, Carl F. Hostetter, Patrick Wynne and Arden R. Smith, revised 3rd printing; Proceedings of the Third International Conference on J.R.R. Tolkien’s Invented Languages, Omentielva Nelya, Whitehaven, 2009, edited by "Beregond," Anders Stenström; reviewed by John Garth
- J.R.R. Tolkien: The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, edited by Peter Hunt, reviewed by Gerard Hynes
- The Riddles of The Hobbit, by Adam Roberts, reviewed by Thomas Honegger
- The Loss and the Silence: Aspects of Modernism in the Works of C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien & Charles Williams, by Margaret Hiley, reviewed by Catherine Butler
- The Making of Middle-earth: A New Look Inside the World of J.R.R. Tolkien, by Christopher Snyder; The Essential Tolkien Trivia and Quiz Book: A Middle-earth Miscellany, by William MacKay; reviewed by David Bratman
- Merlin DeTardo, "The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies 2011"
- Rebecca Epstein and David Bratman, "Bibliography (In English) for 2012"
At the Tolkien journals panel at PCA/ACA this year, I announced that we'd be reprinting another rarely-seen scholarly item by Tolkien. We have the item and the permission, but the timing proved to be bad for getting a commentary by the deadline, so that's been put off till next year.