Monday, April 18, 2016

I stayed home while my brother went to ...

... Ann Arbor, for the annual awards ceremony for the Michigan Daily, where was presented the first annual award in copyediting that we established in memory of our mother, once of the Daily editorial staff and all her life a demon copyeditor. Here he is, with his newly-minted beard, at the awards wall.

It would have been a great burden on my time to have attended, but he could make it, and I'm glad one of us could, especially as, this being the first one, he was asked to speak at the ceremony.

And while he was there, I was attending a memorial service in honor of a distinguished figure at our congregation, who taught a Torah study class that my mother had faithfully attended for years. So mitzvot were performed this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment