Saturday, October 20, 2018

concert review: Master Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra

So here's another one I wrote last weekend.

I picked this one because it was the most interesting and unusual repertoire - Creston and Revueltas! I'd never heard any Creston in concert before, ever - that Master Sinfonia was doing all season.

Biggest trick of the review was spelling the trumpet player's name, as the program had both Swensen and Swenson. Googling (with "trumpet", as his name isn't uncommon either way) suggested the former was more likely to be correct. If your name isn't right on your own blog (interesting stuff on trumpet playing, by the way: too bad he didn't keep it up), you'd be in a sad state.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post. Nice to be mentioned, and I read your review back when it came out. Yes, Swensen is the correct spelling. Surprising how many persons get it wrong, but it's no big deal.

    I am still playing the trumpet, but my blog ran out of steam. :-) Sure hope that conditions allow music groups to begin playing again soon.

    ReplyDelete