Thursday, July 25, 2024

Mythcon is coming

My paper being finished, it was time to turn my attention to the panels I'm scheduled to be on. I had to sort out and re-read all the e-mails to determine for sure how many panels there were (three) or remember what I had agreed to say. These are not open ad lib discussion panels of the kind science-fiction conventions have, but each panelist will give a 5-10 minute presentation; then there's discussion

One night recently I wasn't able to fall asleep, but the time wasn't wasted: I spent it writing up all my panel presentations and then timing them in the reading so that they came out right.

Now I'm prepared, and all I can do is hope that Delta will be: that's what we're flying, and they'd better get their schedule straightened out by this weekend like they keep promising.

2 comments:

  1. So did you attend Chen's performance of the Barber Concerto at Davies on the 25th as you said you were scheduled to do? Because apparently no one else wrote a review. She was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did, and if SFCV is going on its normal schedule, my review should go live on Tuesday afternoon.

      Delete