I had tickets to all of these:
Friday, San Francisco Symphony, A Concert for MTT. The eagerly-awaited memorial concert for the beloved former music director, Michel Tilson Thomas. Critic Joshua Kosman called it "part concert and part Jewish wake."
Saturday, South Bay Musical Theatre, Once Upon a Mattress. Musical by Mary Rodgers based on "The Princess and the Pea," the show that originally made Carol Burnett famous.
Sunday, Symphony San Jose, Copland Billy the Kid, Dvořák Symphony from the New World, and a new piece by Jonathan Leshnoff, Rhapsody on America.
I didn't get to any of these because I was in the hospital, again. Frustrating to sit there waitng to learn what they're going to do next. (MRI - that's an interesting experience.) In fact they only let me out so that they may spend a few days cogitating on the next step, and in a couple weeks I'll be going back in again, more concerts to skip I'm sure.
My tablet has accompanied me on this, so I could theoretically have written posts. But one feature of being ill is that I don't feel I have much to say, or the ab8lity to say it cogently if I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment