Friday, June 21, 2019

Don't Blame Me, I'm In Massachusetts

All sorts of wonderful things are going on near home this weekend, from Garden of Memory and other musical events to the solstice party which is the biggest event on my social group's annual calendar, but I won't be at any of them. I'm in Massachusetts, hobnobbing with my fellow wizards. Back next week.

Two side notes:

1. It's cold and wet here. ("And to think it will soon be June," grumbled Bilbo. Oh, it is? Well, there you go.) But that doesn't mean it isn't also so muggy that the air conditioner can't be turned off.

2. There ought to be a sign along the road I took to get here: WARNING: PITTSFIELD AHEAD. Making it through that congested town, from the unexpected turns on the highway route to the construction equipment blocking the entire street and looking disinclined to move any time soon, was the biggest challenge of getting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment