Saturday, July 11, 2020

how it works

sequel to this

So this week I try a different outlet of the chain store for my pickup.

1. Drive in, park in the designated space, phone (as instructed). They say they'll be right out.

2. There's one other driver and car in one of the designated spaces as I arrive. Soon, someone comes and puts groceries in his car. But he doesn't leave. Curious, I think.

3. Twenty minutes pass. I phone again. I can't make out what they say about why they haven't come earlier, but they say they'll be right out. Which they had said twenty minutes ago.

4. Ten minutes pass. A deliverer comes out - and puts groceries in two other cars which arrived long after I did.

5. I put my mask on and get out. I ask him, what about my groceries? He says he thinks they were accidentally given to somebody else and he's going to check on that.

6. Sure enough, he goes over to the car from step 2 and takes out the groceries and brings them to my car. This includes, by the way, ice cream sandwiches which have been sitting in the hot trunk for nearly half an hour.

7. It's only about half of what I ordered. I point this out. He goes back in and, without too much delay, brings out the rest. The car from step 2, by the way, is still there. He's having an even worse day of it than I am.

8. It's a longer drive home than from the other store I gave up on after last week, and all the stoplights are red.


2 comments:

  1. I didn't think customer service could actually get that bad, but there you go. My local grocery store chain is pretty good about the pick up thing, which kind of surprised me (I'm a cynic by nature).

    Have you tried talking to the manager, or even going over his/her head to corporate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See previous post, linked to at the top of this one.

      Delete