Friday, July 17, 2020

notes of the day

1. We tried a third outlet of the big grocery chain for our weekly pickup order. This one we'd avoided earlier because the store is smaller and we feared it might be out of more items than the others. But it wasn't. When I arrived and phoned to say I was ready for my pickup, not only could I make out what the voice at the other end said - this has sometimes been difficult - but it said they'd be out in five to ten minutes. It was five minutes, exactly, and the order was entirely correct. (Which, to be fair, was true the first few times at the first store.) But I'm going back here next week.

2. Monthly meeting of my scholars' group yesterday. I'm finding this a mentally refreshing experience: even introverts need socializing, if it's to their tastes. This time I was able to add video to my audio. Nobody commented on my heavy-framed computer glasses, which as I rarely wear them anywhere else, few have ever seen.

3. Watched the February video of Ashland's other production that actually made it to stage this year, A Midsummer Night's Dream. Had some clever bits, but felt drab after the fabulous Bridge Theatre production. In particular, nothing magical about the fairies, and the backup troupe of them was entirely deleted. Came across a lot better after I waited a few days to let the Bridge version recede from my forebrain.

4. Tybalt, still playful, has also gotten a lot cuddlier. We've snuggled on the bed without him trying to claw me in playfulness. In particular he's developed the habit of jumping up onto a table or counter in front of me, and then learning up to put his front paws on my shoulder. This means he wants me to pick the rest of him up and hold him for a while. As I've never previously had a cat who more than grudgingly tolerated being picked up, if that, one who asks for it is a real novelty. Sometimes he'll clamber further up, dig himself in immovably, and start licking my hair. The only way to detach him from that is to sit down on the couch, which will make him wander off.

5. Less agreeably, I've developed a leg condition whereby sitting for long periods at my computer chair caused it to ache annoyingly. I'm not sure if it's this chair in particular or my sitting position, as it's hard to test: the ache doesn't start immediately, and once it does it lasts for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment