Tuesday, April 27, 2021

no news yet

As this is not India, life is slowly beginning to emerge from under the carapace. The CDC has relaxed the mask-wearing guidelines for open outdoors activity. The government has announced that vaccines are now available for all adults, and B. and I, having long since signed up at the state's "My Turn" websites, have received e-mails and texts telling us that it's our turn.

A little late, actually, as we've already both had ours through our health provider, which had bumped us up a step or two. B. was already out of the two-week post-second-shot latency period for Easter, and my turn came this week. So I've resumed in-person shopping, though we'll continue using the supermarket pick-up service for staples and packaged foods, since that's so convenient and means less trudging through the stores in our aging bodies: but I will resume choosing my own produce.

I'm also resuming getting take-out meals from indoor restaurants, and am trying slowly to check out the local Chinese places I hadn't been to before; more when I've made more progress on that.

And we've both resumed going to the gym, which we rather intensely had wanted. B. has joined a new gym with better equipment and a lower membership cost than our old one, and I'm trying it out on a guest pass. Then I'll go back to the old one for comparison purposes, and decide after that, so more on that later too.

No comments:

Post a Comment