Tuesday, September 25, 2018

concert review: Redwood Symphony

So SFCV sent me to a concert featuring a somewhat different iteration of the Three B's. And the review comes out here.

I'm somewhat less than optimally satisfied with how well I expressed in words my thoughts about this one. At least it looks a lot better than it did before I excised excess verbiage. Originally, lines like "His music is warmly accessible and easy to get to know" and "the orchestra proceed[ed] deliberately and cautiously through Brahms's noble utterances" came with explanations of what I meant by that, but I judged them superfluous.

Since it was just about the only appropriate local concert of the month but I couldn't also review it for SMDJ, for them I wrote one of my usual annual season previews, dull to write but I hope a little whetting to read for locals with a taste for this.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you so much for giving us amazing thing. I am a concert lover but sometimes i can not buy ticket in the right time. So i have to buy tickets from online. Occasion tickets is the best site for buying tickets online. We can also create our own event by them. Events near me today

    ReplyDelete