Thursday, June 2, 2022

the dish ran away with the bowl

So B. reads a notification on FB from "NH Public Health Service" (is that New Hampshire? I'd guess so) that certain old dinnerware may have lead in it that may be exposed in scrapes. We've had ours for over 30 years, which is old enough to be covered (I thought lead was already phased out by then, but I guess not), and it's from this manufacturer, Corelle, so we ordered a new set.

There were some mighty ugly and annoying-looking patterns out there, but we're simple folk and went for a simple pattern of dots and lines neatly around the edges of the plates, not unlike the pattern we had before.

They arrived yesterday and got washed, and my first use of one of the new items was a small bowl for mixing the dressing for Asian chicken salad, which is the one cold dinner in my repertoire for hot evenings like yesterday. Let's see: so much soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic ...

No comments:

Post a Comment