Tuesday, January 28, 2020

musical venture

I was reading an article on the Grammys that linked to another article introducing the reader to the work of now-multiple-Grammy winner Billie Eilish.

I read the article and listened to the two video clips attached. The music was not at all unpleasant, but I can't entirely say the same for the videos, having turned off the second one at the point where the blood starts streaming out from her eyes. That was a bit much for me.

While I certainly welcome pop music that isn't actively painful to listen to, that pleasant fact has been true of a lot of the pop music that's come to my attention in the last couple of decades. But that doesn't necessarily mean I want to explore the work further.

Indeed, rather than listen to any more Billie Eilish, what her music inspired me to do was to dig out Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos and listen to that again instead.
When you gonna make up your mind?
When you gonna love you as much as I do?
I only seem to listen to this once a decade or so, but whenever I do, it's still great.

No comments:

Post a Comment