Saturday, April 25, 2020

non-review of non-concert

Despite the complete torpedoing of my concert-reviewing jobs due to the virus, I've managed to achieve a publication in that area. Having received e-mails from some of the ensembles in my Daily Journal coverage area describing what they're doing in the absence of public performances, I thought a rundown of all the major local groups would be useful. I proposed it to my editor, and the result is up today.

I give the Peninsula Symphony points for being most active, with its YouTube channel (featuring a delightful media-based Beethoven performance which the editors embedded in the article). And the Redwood Symphony gets honors for being most realistic, not even being sure if next season will be on yet, while also being the slowest to update its website. (It still listed the June concert as being on as I wrote; I had to enquire of them specifically to find out what was going on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment