Monday, March 15, 2021

Oscar the grouch

I've actually seen one movie nominated for an Oscar this year. That's one more than I'd seen at the time nominations were released last year. It was Soul. I didn't like it. It had a promising beginning, but then took a left turn into a remake of Defending Your Life, which is not a recommendation in my book.

A couple others I'm interested in. The Trial of the Chicago 7, maybe. News of the World sounds interesting, even though its only nominations are in technical categories.

Not interested in Mank, because I've seen Citizen Kane and I have no desire to worship at its feet. Nor in The Father because I don't want to spend my movie-watching pleasure time dealing with dementia. Nor in Ma Rainey's Black Bottom because titling a story after somebody's butt is a complete turnoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment