Monday, February 21, 2022

coupon follies

I had a coupon for KFC. (Yeah, I know, but I pick up an order there occasionally when I'm in a hurry.) It was for "Kentucky Fried Wings," which are winglet pieces with their own breading style different from the regular chicken varieties. Underneath the header it read "Increments of 6 pieces" and then, in big type, "50¢."

I took it to the drive-through window and read the coupon. I said, "Does that mean I could get 30 wings for $2.50?" No, they said, it's 50¢ a winglet. If the word "wing" or "winglet" had appeared in small type below the "50¢" that would have been justified, but the only thing it said was 50¢ was "increments of 6 pieces." The coupon is really misleading.

However, I accepted this correction because the price by increment was ridiculously low, while the price by individual piece was about half what they normally charge, which is more reasonable. However, they weren't quite prepared to sell it by increments of 6 pieces. When I ordered 18, they were at first stumped because they don't have an 18-piece. Then they figured they could sell me a 12-piece and a 6-piece (see, elementary arithmetic is your friend). Ironically, it all came in one container.

No comments:

Post a Comment