Saturday, December 31, 2022

the annual year-end post

I took two out of town trips in 2022, one by plane, one by car, both with B. One was to Mythcon. This is the second time, judged generously, that I've been the Guest of Honor at a convention.

Places stayed, therefore, are:

Albuquerque, NM
Ashland, OR
Woodinville, WA
Grants Pass, OR

I had 21 concert reviews published during the year, which is much more like normal. For scholarly publications, I had one Guest of Honor speech and one short article published in Mythlore. The 2022 annual issue of Tolkien Studies still hasn't come out yet (we are just putting it to bed right now), but it'll have my bibliography and contributions to the "Year's Work in Tolkien Studies" in it. What delayed this issue was work on the supplement, which has been published, and for which I contributed a fair-sized piece for the editorial introduction, and did all the line editing for the massive article, an edition of and commentary on Tolkien's internal Lord of the Rings chronology, and that was a fair accomplishment for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment