Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Indiana

I'd like to say a few words in praise of Indiana. Indiana is a much-criticized state, and often justly so. It is, after all, the state whose state song is "If I Knew You Were Gay, I Wouldn't Have Baked A Cake."

But it has its virtues, even culinary ones. I would designate Louisiana as the greatest eating state in the union, but everyone knows about Louisiana cuisine. What Indiana is, is the most underrated eating state in the union.

The best ribs I've ever had were in a small town in northern Indiana. The best fried chicken I've ever had was likewise in a small town (a different one) in northern Indiana. Who would have guessed, before you tried it? I have just driven ... to a great length ... for another opportunity to have a bite at that chicken, and it was as good as I remembered it. I've done likewise for the ribs on other occasions.

And if you say, "That must have been some chicken" or some ribs, you're dashed well right it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment