Monday, March 21, 2016

two concert reviews

1. Musica Pacifica, for the Daily Journal. They sent us a flyer, so I decided to cover it. The combination of Baroque and British folk music seemed delectable, and I found APW of English country dancing fame at the sparsely-attended concert. Had a hard time finding a photo of the group showing its current membership; none of the ones on their website did.

2. Symphony Silicon Valley, for SFCV. The Fauré Requiem, a beautiful work like all Fauré. I was hoping to take B. to this one, but she was ill. (A couple days later, so was I.) This orchestra has been profiting by playing music along with movies like The Lord of the Rings and The Godfather, which I've been assiduously avoiding, but now it's sneaked into their regular concerts, distracting us from Pictures at an Exhibition and making for a really tacky encore. I wasn't happy, and didn't hide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment