Wednesday, December 13, 2023

success

This one B. led and I just followed her example, and it worked out fine.

In addition to the new covid vaccine and the flu vaccine, we wanted the RSV vaccine (an initialism that keeps being overwritten in my mind by HSV and HPV). Kaiser, our medical provider, offered the former two, and we got them there, and they said they would offer RSV eventually as well. But they kept not getting around to it, and time was wasting. We wanted the vaccination in effect before the big family Christmas gathering.

So we got it from the pharmacy at CVS (another initialism! but this one I can remember because it sounds like CBS). B. got hers successfully, so I logged on and made myself an appointment for the next day, which meant I had to go to the outlet in Willow Glen, but that was no trouble. I had to provide the number from my Medicare card on the sign-up, but nobody asked to see the card when I actually went.

On the day, it went efficiently, though they did act as if they expected me to cancel and withdraw when they told me the price, which was high but which also was what B. had paid, so I wasn't surprised by it.

And then my upper arm was sore for the next day, and CVS sent me an e-mail to download a vaccination certificate, which I then forwarded to my doctor to have it added to my records; and I also submitted both it and a scan of my payment receipt to Kaiser with their online reimbursement claim form.

Success! For this morning, just 3 or 4 days later, I get an e-mail asking for my bank account details so that they can repay me. (An obviously authentic e-mail, I should add, though what was obvious about it I won't say, lest it encourage scammers.) It's always gratifying when a complex operation goes smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment