Sunday, April 4, 2021

beginnings

B. now counts as fully vaccinated (yes, the extra two weeks and all), so in addition to socially-distanced church services for the multi-day events surrounding Easter, she went out today for the traditional family Easter event, populated (I hope) only by others who were also fully vaccinated, and where there was much food, chocolate (a separate item, owing to sheer quantity), playing with cats, and post-prandial napping.

I'm only half-vaccinated, so I stayed home. But last night I had my most intensive online social event of the entire pandemic, as one of the two (as it turned out) out-of-town attendees of a Zoom gathering of fannish friends. I was there for over two hours, which is about as long at a time as I can tolerate this form of activity. Though the content was certainly enjoyable (albeit it's exasperating to have your pronunciation of a French name corrected when you thought you were pronouncing it the same way as everyone else was), and I heard word of how our 96-year-old friend is doing. Zoom is certainly at least adequate in providing the visual cues which we're used to in person that keep a group of ten people from accidentally talking over each other all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment