Friday, April 9, 2021

http://www.slsq.com/

That's the URL at which I just watched my favorite local ensemble, the Stanford-resident St. Lawrence String Quartet, perform live Haydn's String Quartet Op. 76 No. 5. It began with violinist Owen Dalby backstage at Bing Concert Hall on his smartphone. He showed us around a little, then moved onstage where his colleagues and two production staff were waiting, and we switched to the full cameras for a crisp and delightful performance with tremendous ensemble work.

It's the sort of piece I'm used to going to Bing to hear the SLSQ play live, and this was the next best thing. And you can hear it too, because it'll be up on their web site, in embedded YouTube, for the next 72 hours.

And they'll be playing the other five quartets from Op. 76, at various other locations around campus, over the next two months: schedule is on the web page. I think I have some virtual concert-going mapped out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment