Monday, April 19, 2021

notable

You have to be "notable" to have an article about you on Wikipedia. I had to go back and look at it again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating it. A couple months ago, somebody created articles for several more Tolkien scholars than already existed and added them to the Tolkien topic template, and I, perforce, was among them. Also added at the same time were Marjorie Burns, Jason Fisher, Stuart D. Lee, Jared Lobdell, Gergely Nagy, Sandra Ballif Straubhaar, Richard C. West, and Ralph C. Wood. Heard of these people? I sure have. And I can think of more of equal prominence, on top of many more obvious names that were already there.

Most of these people have published books that they've written or edited. So have I, but mine isn't listed in my entry, maybe missed because it's not about Tolkien. (It's an edition of previously unpublished work by Charles Williams.) My entry is not in any way seriously inaccurate, though it's a little off both in phrasing and in omissions, of which that's the most obvious. But I'm not touching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment